Point-Of-Use Particle Filtration and Water Recycling
Compact system for various particle removal applications (e.g. fine dust, metal-oxide applications etc.) in the high-tech industry.
Membrane Technology allows Water Recycling
The manufacturing of microchips requires many different process steps, some of which use harmful gases and chemicals that need to be treated at the point of use. Behind every process tool there are exhaust pipes which lead the waste gases from the main tool to a point of use waste gas treatment system. These systems are normally situated in the subfab along with the vacuum pumps and other facilities. Common waste gas treatment technologies include burning and washing the waste gases or only washing depending on the type and volume of the harmful gases. The wastewater from this treatment is typically directed to the fabs central wastewater treatment plant.
At this point in time there is a clear signal from the market that the demand for water recycling or reuse technologies is increasing. DAS Environmental Experts has responded to this requirement with a smart solution created by its experts in the waste gas and wastewater treatment groups. The new Point-of-Use water treatment systems consists of an additional step that filters solid particles — such as metal oxides — out of the wastewater from the waste gas treatment systems and allows recirculation back to the waste gas abatement system. Up to 90% of the original wastewater can be recycled. The membrane technology that is used requires minimal service, generates a fast return on investment and supports the ESG roadmaps of semiconductor manufacturers.
Advantages of DAS solution
- Minimize the freshwater consumption
- Minimize the production of wastewater
- Small footprint (of water recycling system)
- Seamless communication with DAS gas abatement systems
- Applicable for various gas abatement systems (fine dust, burn-wet, wet-scrubber)
- Applications: fine dust, metal oxides (originating from metal-organics)
- The system can reject particles with sizes > 0.05 μm
- 80–90% water recycling (depending on the salt concentration)
- Footprint: depending on application, starting at 1.75 m2
- Seamless water reception and pump over of treated water on demand
- The system includes a touch panel for adjusting the system settings, for monitoring and for system control
- Remote access can be offered as an option
Get further product information and your free ROI calculation now.
Contact us for detailed product and commercial information.
Dr. Jörg Winter
Director Sales Water Treatment
Goppelner Str. 44,